Colonize the Galaxy by Abducting Humans
Not quite an FPS, in space, visiting the galaxy and throwing humans at planets..
Download links (see about for more)
So... does being in space counts as an FPS ? I'll let you decide. There are no rules here after all.
Technically, this is a game in "1st person view", and there are things to shoot at ;)
The game :
You're an ancient space traveler, and your mission is to help Humanity to thrive, would that be on Earth or on other planets !
1) Take population from planets
2) Throw them on other planets
- Some planets are better for human colonization than others.
- If you get hit once, it's game over. Same thing if you crash into a planet or star.
- Your goal is to obtain the best population score throughout all planets in the galaxy, in the shortest amount of time.
Day 2 progress :
- movement and camera done
- galaxy generation ok
- game over by collision ok (to be done on planets)
Day 7 progress :
- "weapons" done
- Music and sound improved
- GUI and FX improved
- Where is the gameplay loop ??? Damn.
Things that should have been done and couldn't be in 7 days :
- Technologically advanced Human-populated planets throwing missiles at the player
- Better Gravity (deactivated in the 7DFPS version)
- Different planet types & improved planet graphics
- End-game summary (the game feels pointless without this)
- Human storage on board
- Difficulty progression / Balancing
1-line post-mortem :
- I spent too much time bathing into FTL particles and chiptune music.
Design, Code, & Art : Chronodrax
Sound effects made with as3sfxr (thanks a bunch !)
Music from http://freemusicarchive.org :
- BoxCat Games - B-3
- Sycamore Drive - Kicks
p.s. : Web player's fullscreen will use your desktop resolution, for maximum comfort.
All feedbacks (from any version) are appreciated :)