My 7DFPS entry - a watergun based capture the flag. Multiplayer over Facebook, with a singleplayer training mode. Win matches to level up, use attribute points to upgrade your character!
Plenty of features are coming soon (gold, in-game store, multiple characters, build your own base!)
Notice: Uses Facebook for authentication - stores no personal details except for your name, and a link to your icon to show in the lobby. Player attributes and statistics are stored on my website.
- Waterguns with adjustable pressure, but also have limited water capacity and can be refilled by walking through the river.
- Procedural forest/base placement so the game is different each time you play.
- Multiplayer only for now (single player is coming soon!)
- Character attributes that can be leveled up (more water capacity for your water gun, higher jumps, etc.) by winning matches.
- Single player training number.
Cross the river to steal the other team's flag and return it back to your base, all the while defending your own flag from being stolen!
- Reinsterted the game's logo on the top left corner of the screen, it was accidentally taken out in the previous update.
- Normalize movement when going diagonal, to prevent straferunning.
- Added a single player training mode with bots.
- The flag cloth doesn't collide with terrain anymore - which would occasionally cause it to get hooked on it the terrain.
- Added a loading message so the menu doesn't simply freeze while the level loads.
- Added the ability to play as a guest without having to log in through Facebook - however this only works for training mode.
- Stopped the camera from bobbing while walking - I had complaints that it was too hard to aim while walking as the water would spray everywhere as you bobbed.
- Fixed an issue where occasionally other players were being displayed at an offset to where they actually were, making it hard to shoot them or making it look as if they were flying.
- Added ramps to the side of the base - I had complaints it was too hard to get up onto the base.
- Fixed an issue in "Join Match" where the listed servers returned a false number of players.
- "Invalid Session" - This usually happens if you have multiple copies of the game open using the same Facebook account. Each time you log in, a new 'session' is created, if the same Facebook account is playing multiple sessions, you will likely get this error.
- Stuck on "Retrieving Statistics" - If you launch the desktop version, a pop up window will appear in the background to sign you in to Facebook. The game is trying to detect if you are signed in to download your character's attributes. If for some reason you get stuck on this, first check if there are any opened browser windows in the background, and if it still doesn't work, try restarting the game.
- People can't connect to my game - Check your firewall settings on the server. The game uses port 19322.