|||| 8 - 15 nov 2014 ||||
Day 1 Progress
My project is started, though not as far along as I would have liked. I managed to get my core gameplay mechanic mostly built (node-based movement), but ran into major issues with the Unity 5 Beta. It would seem the SimpleMove function (as well as the Move function) on the Character Controller is broken. No matter what value I passed to it, it only moved right. I tried this in multiple projects and it kept failing. After reverting to Unity 4.6, it is again working with the same code. I guess we'll have to go back to the older version for this project, but we'll make it work.
Tomorrow I'm hoping to get a character modeled, and begin work on my melee combat system.